Ballantyne Grant Complaints Handling Procedure
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high – quality legal service to all of our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 3 days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care officer who will review your file and speak with the member of staff that acted for you.
3. We will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again, and we will review the decision.
5. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
6. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 15870, Birmingham, B30 9EB about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information you can contact the Legal Ombudsman (0300 555 0333 or http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/).
7. If we have to change any of these timescales, we will let you know and explain why.